Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Welcome to the Tech Tuesday Blog!

Welcome to the Tech Tuesday Blog!  For a while I've been thinking it would be nice to have a place to store all of the information that I've been sharing with you.  We get tons and tons of emails everyday and I know that often mine have been a bit long.  I'll still email you to notify you of new posts, but I think a blog may be more suitable to the information I am trying to share with you all.  I hope that the blog will be a resource for you as well as a place that those of you interested in Edtech can have discussions and develop new ideas.

I have 4 things to share with you this week:

1.  Security Update - Last week my checking account was compromised and I had to go through a lot of steps to remedy the situation.  I am now using an free app on my phone that is also available for your desktop:
https://idprotect.vip.symantec.com/desktop/download.v

The app generates a string of numbers that changes every 30 seconds and you use a "token" from the app to login to sites that you need to keep secure.  Keep it in mind if you do banking online.

2.  Email Charter - Thank you to Mr. Fenton for sharing this with me.  I think we can all agree that emails have gotten out of hand and we can all use some tips on how to best handle this phenomenon.  Take a look at this agreement and see if there are some tips you could use:  http://emailcharter.org/

3.  How much do you use your phone?? For those heavy phone users, I started using an app called "Moment" about month ago.  It tracks when you are using your phone (not if you are using it for music).  The results are... well... I use my phone a lot.  You can set limits and track device use for an entire family with a paid account.  Definitely something worth looking into if you think you should be limiting you or a child's phone use.

4.  Apple Researchkit - I was talking to a friend about the new Apple watch today and he sent me this video.  Must watch - amazing possibilities for medical research: http://www.apple.com/researchkit/

Thanks for tuning in this week - Please let me know what you need help with - all comments and concerns are welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment