Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Tech Tuesday Archive 18

Good afternoon everybody,

Thank you to everybody who participated in both my presentations on Friday as well as the myriad of other choices.  It really was a great day and I'm excited to start so many conversations with people about that "next step".  

There is a very brief, completely voluntary form that was attached to the menu of choices for the PD day.  If you'd like to share your experience, take a couple minutes to fill out the form.  Here is the link:


I know a lot of people would love to have a PD day like this next year and maybe you have a suggestion for the next time - please share - that's what this is all about!

Couple minor tips this week:

-Duplicate a tab: If you right click a tab, there is an option to duplicate it.  This can be really helpful if you are filling out a form or entering grades in genesis and you want to quickly look something up.  

-Screencastify extension - this is what I used to make my videos the last couple of weeks.  I'll be out on a personal day tomorrow and will be sending my students a quick screencast that they can watch while in class.  Also its a great option for students who might be too anxious for a traditional class presentation.

-PDFescape extension - I had to type in a pdf over the weekend and, while PDFs are great for printing and saving formatting, they're not great for modifying.  The extension is not perfect, but I was able to type in the document and save it.  Sorry to Mrs. O'Neill that I figured this one out about a month and half too late for your needs!

Have a great short week, and stay warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment